Station Casinos LLC will invest more than $35 million this year in its flagship property, Red Rock Resort, by introducing four new restaurant concepts, as well as enhancing other venues and amenities within the resort.
Highlights of the $35 million-plus reinvestment include:
Four new restaurants:
- Mercadito Red Rock: The Sandoval brothers of Chicago are bringing their award-winning authentic and creative Mexican cuisine to Las Vegas. The menu will expertly blend traditional Mexican fare with creative interpretations of local and seasonal ingredients and will offer a beverage menu that includes unique variations of classic cocktails and an extensive tequila list. Mercadito was named by Zagat in 2013 as one of “America’s Hottest Mexican Restaurants” and was recognized by USA Today for serving one of the “country’s ten best margaritas.”
- The Light Group: A new neighborhood dining experience featuring a farmer’s market-inspired small plates menu with simple, seasonal and sustainable ingredients paired with masterfully hand-crafted beers and an extensive wine list. The restaurant will be managed byThe Light Group, a leading hospitality development and management company under the direction of Executive Chef and Partner Brian Massie.
- New Italian Restaurant: The Company will develop a new contemporary and casual Italian restaurant that will replace the existing Terra Rossa Italian restaurant.
- Noodle Bar: Red Rock’s culinary team has also developed a noodle bar concept that will be located between the Grand Café and the High Limit gaming room and will offer a lively interactive dining experience featuring noodle bowls, dim sum and specialty fried rice.
Creation of Restaurant Row at Red Rock: The new restaurant venues will be built along the property’s Charleston Boulevard casino entrance complete with outdoor entrances and patios. These restaurants will be linked by a pedestrian walkway to create connectivity for guests to walk along all five restaurant locations including the existing Lucille’s Bar-B-Que and Yard House. Outdoor patios and water features will be prominently featured throughout the new design.
The Shops at Summerlin Connector: A new parking section with a public drop off area located off Summerlin Centre Dr. will offer guests convenience from the soon-to-open The Shops at Summerlin to the casino.
In addition to the new amenities, Red Rock will also undergo a number of other enhancements which will include:
- T-bones Chophouse: The newly renovated steakhouse will feature a stylish refurbishment including all new furniture, carpet, drapes and additional artwork.
- Resort suite upgrades: 26 of Red Rock Resort’s incredible suites ranging in size from 1,500 square feet up to 6,500 square feet will receive a complete transformation.
- The Spa at Red Rock: The 25,000 square foot spa and salon will undergo a complete renovation.
Over the past year, Red Rock also opened Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que restaurant; retrofitted the former CHERRY nightclub into event space and renovated the hotel lobby with a chic new look as well as Lucky Bar into asleek, verandah-style space withretro-modern décor.
The development schedule commences immediately and will be staggered over the next eight months with all venues expected to be fully completed and operational by the fourth quarter of 2014.
Red Rock Resort opened in April 2006 and has earned numerous local and national accolades including being named to Conde Nast magazine’s Hot List of the world’s top new hotels; annual recognition by AAA as a four-diamond rated resort; ranked annually among the “Best Hotels In Las Vegas” by U.S. News & World Report, named “Best Locals Hotel” by the readers of the Las Vegas Review-Journal and named “Casino of the Year” in 2012 by the Academy of Country Music.